.

.

Saturday, July 16, 2022

Mama's 36th Birthday

I celebrated my 36th birthday the other day! It started out with a night in our guest cabin with Sammy. I love spending the night in our cabin, I just haven't in so, so long because I don't like sleeping away from my pup, haha. But I sucked it up and we enjoyed a nice, relaxing evening. A great way to kick off my birthday! 


In the morning, Sammy made me bacon and eggs while I opened my gifts! I had an Amazon wish list, and from what I hear, the kids had a good time picking out which gifts to get me. I got new curtains for the living room, lightbulbs for my salt lamps, Space Time for Beginners book, a huge splash pad for the whole family to enjoy, and a Dr. Pepper can safe! I also received many cards and spending money! And a gift certificate to a local restaurant in town. I definitely felt spoiled!  


The plan for the day was to head to Hood River, OR to walk the shops and go out to lunch. There are a lot of cute little shops in Hood River, and we hadn't walked the streets in quite some time, so I thought that would be fun to do for my birthday! The weather was gorgeous and it wasn't too busy there, so we really enjoyed our time. 

For lunch we headed down to the waterfront and ate at Solstice, one of my favorite places to eat in Hood River. I got my favorite pear and walnut salad, and splurged on a slice of key lime pie for my birthday dessert! I made sure not to eat the whole thing, so that I could have the leftovers that night, lol. 




When we got home, there was still plenty of daylight left to burn, so we opened up my new splash pad and had a ton of fun! Best gift ever! 


I ended my birthday with lots of puppy snuggles while eating the rest of my key lime pie and watching the last installment of Stranger Things! 


It truly was a wonderful birthday! One of the best ones. I really enjoyed my time with Sammy and the kids. They made me feel so loved and special. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment