.

.

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Fun on the 4th

Ahh, the 4th of July. I can't say I celebrated any sort of independence, but I can say I celebrated my family. 

As time goes on, I am feeling more and more inclined to turn inward. I might not be able to personally make a difference in this World we live in, but I can raise my children to be strong, free thinking individuals who support the differences and freedoms of others. That is where I can make a difference, and that is where I choose to place my time and efforts.  

And so the day started with a conversation about body autonomy and what it truly means to be free. 

From there, the day just got better and better. 

Sammy got off work earlier than we expected and was home by noon. He then took the deck off the mower, and the kids discovered the joy of speed mower riding. That quickly morphed into giving cart rides, and just like that....a new favorite activity was born. And boy did we have a blast!!


We did a lot of just hanging out. Talking. Listening to music. Enjoy the views of our babies playing. I am so thankful for moments like these. 


For lunch/dinner, we had teriyaki drummies, chips, pudding, noodle salad, corn on the cob, and baked fruit snack bars. We enjoyed our meal while Timothy serenaded us with his superb piano playing. 


Sammy got the kids some safe smoke bombs, pop-its, and sparklers and they all had a great time....especially with those grenade style smoke bombs! Those were pretty dang cool and were definitely the favorite.  


Along with mower rides and sparklers, we enjoyed many games of badminton, swinging, and trampoline play. My favorite part was watching the sun go down while my babies played in the front yard. 


It truly was one of the best days. Not because it was the 4th of July, but simple because we spent it as a family. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment