.

.

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Wildflower Spring Hike

Ohhh it was such a beautiful day out today! Sammy and I decided we needed to take advantage of this perfect day and go on a little walk with the kiddos and pups over on Ekone (the sacred land trust across the road from us) to take in the views and smells of the wildflowers. I LOVE that we have this gorgeous piece of land right across from our home that will NEVER be developed. Just pristine fields of rolling grass, flowers, and sage brush. It truly is Heaven. We used to go on weekly, almost daily walks down the road and on Ekone with the kids when they were little. As they've gotten older and life has gotten busier, we find ourselves not taking the time. It makes my heart swell each time we DO make the time to go for a walk with the kids. We need to slow down more often. We need to be more intentional with our time. We need to remember what actually matters. Time with family. Life gets so chaotic, the break from responsibilities was so nice.....even if all the kids, at some point, complained that they were hot or annoyed with the dogs, hahaha!

I'm not a huge fan of flowers, but I do enjoy lupine and balsamroot. I am obsessed with lupine in particular and get so excited when I start to see all the blooms, in Spring, especially if I find some on our property!  


I am looking forward to making it a point to go on more walks. 

With love,                                                                                                        Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment