.

.

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Hello, December. Time to Deck the Halls!

 Ahh, December. One of the best months of the year. 

Covid forces our hand to have a different December than we are normally use to. No holiday bazaars for us to participate in and shop at, no middle school band concerts, no primary school music concerts, no evening with Santa, none of the usual things I suppose we took for granted. 

But this can be a good thing. At least for just this one year. While we will definitely miss those events, not having them offers us the chance to slow down and not feel so busy. And in my book, that is a REAL good thing. 

Every year I hang up our mitten advent calendar and fill it with different activities and such for us to do throughout the month. Because December is usually so busy for us, sometimes the activities have to be quick and easy, or become redundant. I think the kids start to loose interest because of this and it doesn't seem to ever be as fun as I hoped it would.

This year, since the kiddos are home more due to hybrid schooling, and because we don't have all the normal activities on our plate for us to go to, I was able to brainstorm and come up with more in-depth and fun ideas and activities for our mitten advent calendar! I even ordered Christmas themed blank scratch off cards to use this year. I received them all blank, so I could write our advent activities on them, then I put the scratch off sticker over what I wrote and boom! Ready for a kiddo to scratch off and see what the activity is for the day! They are a big hit and makes it so there is no peeking ahead of time! Of course I had to type up my master log of advent activities.....otherwise I would forget what we were to do each day and wouldn't be prepared, lol. 

Anywhoozle, I'm crossing my fingers the kids will have a bit more fun this year and we can all enjoy the extra family time.

Day 1 - Deck the Halls! 

 

Happy count down to Christmas! 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment