.

.

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Deck the Halls and Trim the Tree

The first thing we did after getting back from our Thanksgiving trip to CA (after unpacking and cleaning, of course) was to get ourselves in the Christmas spirit by decorating the Christmas tree! It was the activity on day 1 of our mitten advent calendar! 

I love being able to just lay out all the ornaments on the floor and let the kids get to it. Their older now, so we don't have too many issues like ornament clumping and bare spots. Hahaha! In fact, they gave my OCD a break and I didn't have to move or rearrange a single ornament this year. Great work, kiddos! LOL


Our other decorations have been up since....November 1st. Eekkk! Yes, we are now those people. Sam gets so happy once November 1st rolls around. Out with the scary movies in October that I love so much, and in with the cheesy Hallmark shows and blasting Christmas music through the house. I use to be one of those, "Christmas is in DECEMBER!" people....but you know, life is short and I truly do love being able to enjoy all the lights and holly-jolliness for so long. There, I said it. 

So the dogs get stockings this year, if you were wondering why there are so damn many. And we have Grandma Cathy's as well of course. And lights everywhere, that are on all the time, because you can never have enough lights. But not those gross bright LED ones....I like the old, soft, warm toned ones. I am very particular about my holiday decorations, lol. 

This year I am particularly excited about the ceramic reindeer and sled I found for $3 a piece at Goodwill. These are the same (not literally the same exact ones...but the same set in general) my family had as a kid when I was growing up. Somewhere along the line, after I moved out, they got lost or broken or something. I was over the moon when I saw this set sitting on the holiday shelf at Goodwill. I hollered at Molly to get me a basket while I crazily giggled with delight when I saw the $3 price tag on each. Win. They now reside on top of the piano for all to enjoy. Yay. 


Also in the Christmas spirit, we have whipped out the ugly (but seriously....mostly cute) Christmas sweaters. It's starting to turn into a bit of an obsession for me. All the kids, and Sam and I as well, got new ones this year. Thanks e-bay. I toss them out on the bed with all the ones from years past and we have fun choosing one for our annual family Christmas sweater photo. Then we just wear them all throughout the month of December for fun when we go places. 

One can never have too many ugly Christmas sweaters.  I could probably start renting them out to people. 


Now to slow down enough, even with all the things we have going on this month, to enjoy the holiday season and all the fun and love it brings to our lives. I'm ready. 

With love,
Mama Hauck 

No comments:

Post a Comment