.

.

Sunday, December 8, 2019

An End to Speech

Last Wednesday I attended Timothy's annual speech IEP meeting with the special education and speech ladies at the Primary School. 

I went in, like I always do, expecting to go over his IEP and where he still needs improvement and sign my name giving them the go ahead to pull him from class 1-2 times a week to work with him for another year on his speech goals. 

I did not expect to learn he scored a straight 100% across the board on his evaluation and was officially being released from speech! 

I was ecstatic! Timothy has worked so so hard, since preschool, on his speech! For Timothy's success I accredit the dedication of the speech ladies, Timothy's hard work and perseverance with them, his work with his Myofunctional therapist and her exercises, and his tongue tie release this past summer.  


Timothy is likewise ecstatic! Although, he says he will miss Teacher Donna and all the treats and rewards she gave him, lol! I just told him to visit her and I'm sure she will give him a sweet treat for pooping in to say hi. She had nothing but sweet things to say about Timothy and profusely exclaimed that she would miss him and wished all of her students were as sweet, eager, and hard working as he. 

Love hearing those words. 

We are so incredibly proud of you, Timothy! We are making so much progress on all the issues your past tongue tie has cause you throughout the years. 

Lets see if we can continue to make more progress. 

With love, 
Mama Hauck


No comments:

Post a Comment