.

.

Wednesday, February 25, 2026

Our New Basketball Hoop

Timothy has recently expressed a desire to get a basketball hoop. He doesn't play on the school's team, but he does enjoy playing in gym class. We have a little concrete slab that is intended for a future guest house, but since those plans are years away, we thought it would be fun to finally invest in a basketball hoop! Anything to encourage kids to do kid things as long as possible. 

Timothy was pretty excited. He helped Sam put it together and has since spent a lot of time out there shooting hoops. 



Anthony came home this weekend and the four of us played for a bit. Even I made a couple shots, lol! I don't know why we waited so long to get a basketball hoop. I wish we wouldn't have. But now that we have one, I hope it will bring us a lot of fun and laughs together. Grandpa better get his basketball arm ready. 

We do have plans to pour a larger concrete slab just for the basketball hoop elsewhere on the property. This will be a bit pricey and will wind up being Timothy's birthday present. We already have the spot mapped out, flattened, and the rock delivered. We now just need to spread out the rock, build a form, and pour the concrete. It's going to be so cool when complete! I can't wait to have this space to not only play basketball, but also make chalk drawings and maybe even invest in some roller skates! 

With love,                                                                                                                Mama Hauck 

No comments:

Post a Comment