.

.

Friday, November 25, 2022

Thanksgiving 2022

We had Thanksgiving at our place this year. My mom went to visit some family in the Seattle area, so instead of having it at her place like we usually do, we hosted. Grandpa Chris, Grandma Cathy, and our neighbor Leonard came over. It was nice to have people over. 

We had an overall nice day, but Molly woke up super ill, so she couldn't participate in the day at all and had to quarantine herself in our room. This completely bummed me out, and I feel like I couldn't get over the disappointment of the day not going as planned. But I tried. Anthony and Tim enjoyed some shooting time with Grandpa, and the rest of us YouTube'd the parade so we could watch some of it.


I always have fun setting the Thanksgiving day table, so I enjoyed doing that. I even made the kiddos goody bags. Sam and I spent a great deal of the day in the kitchen together cooking, which was also a good time! 



We had smoked turkey, green beans & bacon, stuffing, cranberry sauce, honey and mint roasted carrots, loaded mashed potatoes, and biscuits with various toppings. For dessert we had chocolate pie and I made jello and my seriously divine homemade carrot cake. 




I greatly missed having Molly out with us, it truly wasn't the same without her. But we did enjoy the day and our delicious meal. Leo enjoyed the meal as well! lol 

With love,                                                                                                        Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment