.

.

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Happy 1st Birthday, Leopold!

EEKKK!!!!

Today my sweet baby pup turns 1!

I remember the first day I saw his sweet face on Wags to Riches "for adoption" FB album the middle of June. I knew he was suppose to be mine. I'd been mulling around the idea of getting myself a pup for months. I'd been searching all over the place, but no pup ever stood out to me....until I saw his cute mug! I wrote Wags right away and filled out adoption papers. I anxiously awaited their reply. When I finally got the go-ahead that I had been approved, I gathered up my money, went and purchased a neutering certificate at the vet, and then headed out to Yakima with my kiddos, dad, and sister in tow. Originally the plan was to just have a meet and greet with him, but the lady at Wags had other plans. She was all set for me to take him that day! 


Leo, formerly known as "York," was a smudge over 9 weeks old when I picked him up from the shelter on June 26th. Based on that, I counted roughly 9 weeks back and made up a birthday for him for April 22nd! I will never know the exact date of his birth, but I know it's got to be some time that week in April, so the 22nd it is! 

In just 1 short year of his life, Leo has given me more love and comfort than I could have ever imagined a pup could. He has seen me through the worst of migraines and many rough days of ill health and mood. I didn't think I could ever feel so attached and in love with a dog, but there is no denying I love Leo beyond words. He is totally my baby, lol. 


Leo is such a sweet, naughty, loving, rambunctious, snuggly, mischievous, silly, and just such a good boy (well....most of the time!) all rolled up into one! I can't imagine not having him by my side. 

Happy 1st birthday, my sweet boy!!! 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment