.

.

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter

Saturday evening we dyed eggs! I wish we had picked up double the amount of eggs....but, you know, we didn't want to seem like we were hoarding. lol As always, the kids were very serious about their egg dying duties. No egg was left untouched, and every egg bathed in it's vinegar dye bath for no less than 5 minutes each. We love us some vibrant eggs! 


The hunt is on! I think we had about 30 eggs hidden throughout the house. In years past, we made some of the egg hiding a bit obvious, but with the kids getting older, I thought it time we start making it a bit harder. There were only a few that were pretty visible with just walking into the room. The great majority of them were hidden pretty darn well! The kids were totally up for the challenge! It'll be super fun to make it harder and harder for them in the coming years! 

Each kiddo also has their own personal "large" egg that we stuff with extra goodies and money. I usually put these in their baskets, but this year I decided to hide them as well. I put Molly's in the microwave, Timothy's in the dryer, and Anthony's in the fridge, haha! They definitely got a kick out of that. 


I love it when the kids wake up in the morning and walk out to see their baskets. Even Leo got a basket for his first Easter! To share with Daisy, of course! lol Anthony received a set of walkie-talkies, a moon light, air pods (wireless ear buds), a dot-to-dot project of a dog, and a few treats. Molly received slippers, a new shirt, a kid's fit-bit, a dot-to-dot project of a zebra, and a few treats. Timothy received 3 Diary of a Minecraft Zombie books, a new shirt, a kits fitbit, a dot-to-dot project of a cat, and a few treats. They were all pretty stoked about their gifts, especially Anthony with his air pods and Mols and Tim with their fitbits. They've both walked around all day comparing steps, haha! 


This year, Easter eggs were filled with mini kit-kats, mini Hershey's, and my personal favorite....coupons! The kids love the coupons I make for them, some of which include:

"Have a double serving of dessert" 
"Sleep over in Mama & Papa's room"
"Get an extra hour of game time"
"Choose the movie we watch"

It makes me smile when we're just going about our day and a kiddo walks out of their room with one of their coupons to use. I love it. 


We also had an Easter egg hunt outside with our dyed eggs! I love the one outside because you can cover more space. We definitely will need to dye mass amounts of eggs next year....we simply don't have enough to cover all the potential hiding spaces outside! Daisy likes to help find the eggs too. She actually found the last one and preceded to eat it before the kids could get to it! haha Leo just ran around wondering why the kids were all running around! 


I forgot to get photos of our Easter meal because we dug right in without thinking about a photo first, darn it, but I did get a photo of our treats! I made banana muffins, peanut butter cups, coconut clusters, and chocolate chip cookies. For dinner we had ribs on the smoker, broccoli salad, and cheddar bacon mashed potatoes.



Another wonderful Easter in the books! I am very thankful for the 4 days Sam was able to take off from work. I'm very thankful the kids put up with my shenanigans and put on the bunny ears for a photo each year. I also thankful Grandma Cathy decided to break from quarantine and come spend Easter with us. Seeing as Sam has been the only one out of all of us to go someplace in 3 weeks, I thought it safe for Gma to come. She agreed! 

Now it's time to end the night with a dip in the hot tub!

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment