.

.

Monday, October 8, 2018

Packer Orchards Pumpkin Patch 2018

This past Saturday, after soccer games, we took a trip to Packer Orchards near Hood River, OR for our annual pumpkin patch fun! It had rained Friday night, but Saturday was gorgeous, thank goodness!   

First on the fun list, fresh, hot, sugar donuts!! We got a dozen, and I will not lie.....I ate 4. Don't judge me, I have no regrets! 


Next up, corn maze! I am a fan of corn mazes. We use to go to a huge one in the Toppenish/Yakima area, but the owners retired and thus closed down the pumpkin patch a few years back, so we've been going to Packer's. Their corn maze is much more kid friendly and not too much of a challenge, darn it!, but we still have a great time. One of these years though, Sam and I are going to have to go to a bigger one.....maybe in the dark! Eeekk! 
 
After the corn maze, we let the kids run around and explore. They have stacked hay bales for climbing, a huge corn pit and play in, a tinker-toy/play set area, and new this year, a bouncy area! The kids spent a fair amount of time playing while Sam and I sat and relaxed.


Last on our Packer Orchards trip, the pumpkin patch! It was not without one of them arguing and whining over why they couldn't get the biggest pumpkin they could find, but overall we had a happy pumpkin-picking experience. Everyone walked away with a great pumpkin that didn't break the bank too much. And I got my obligatory "kids in the pumpkin patch" photo. So Mama's happy! 

  
 
Sam is working every weekend this month to help save up for our Thanksgiving trip to CA, and also Christmas....so I'm very thankful we had at least one day we could make it to the pumpkin patch! My favorite month just wouldn't be the same without some sugar donuts, a caramel apple, a hike through the corn, and a frolic among the pumpkins. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment