.

.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Self Calming

Last week I was playing outside with the kids, but decided Timothy was getting too cold so it was time to go in. Anthony got mad and threw a fit because he had wanted me to throw the football with him. I explained to him that I know I said I would, but it was indeed time for me to get Timothy inside, so I would make sure to play football with him next time. 

Lessons: shit happens, sometimes plans go astray, you don't always get what you want, and compromises can be great.

Anthony crumbled in on himself, but instead of getting angry over the continued fit, I left him outside with the instructions to come in when he had calmed down. 

A few minutes later, after getting Timothy and Molly's shoes and coats off and put away, I glance out the window to find this...


I peeked my head out the door and asked him what he was doing. He told me he was calming down by watching the sun set and asked if he could stay out to watch it. Of course! 

Lucy decided to join him....


And then Papa came home and sat with him....


How awesome to be able to chill out like that. Proud of my big boy. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

1 comment: