Surprise. I am finally getting my long-awaited guest house built. Ekkkk! I've been dreaming about it for literal years. We even poured the concrete slab like 12 years ago, haha.
I'm thankful we are now in a position to bring this dream to fruition. I'll have to come up with a name for it.
Work started the first week of September, the same time we were dealing with Molly's whole tonsillectomy surgery and aftercare. It was a lot going on at once. But that was the week we had planned to get started on it with Anthony still at home and our friend available to help, so that's what we stuck to. They got a lot of the framing done that first week, and it was exciting to see things start to take shape.




Progress has been slow since that first week, but that's ok. Anth had to head back to campus. Our friend has a whole life and is fitting us into it. Our material orders kept getting messed up and our deliveries were either missing materials or the wrong materials were delivered. Sam can only do so much on the weekends working alone.
Whenever you have a timeline in mind, go ahead and just throw that out the window. Things just take time. But there's no rush for me. I've been patient for years. This is the fun extra that just gets worked into the day in and day out of normal life. It certainly doesn't take priority, but I am excited about it.

This weekend we finally started putting the siding on. We had to wait for all of the siding to finally be delivered because only half was in stock when we put the order in. Then we had to wait for the paint to be on sale for 50% off as we knew that would save us so much money.
Finally, both items were purchased and received, shit was painted, and siding started to go up. Thus far, we have the bottom portion done. I'm loving the red. Eventually, the siding will look like board and batten.
I am excited for more progress. With it getting colder now, and with rain and wind on the horizon, I think we just want to get the outside as complete as possible. The plan for next month is for Sam and our friend to get the rest of the siding up, as well as the metal roofing done. The electrical guy is also coming soon and will get all the wires, switches, outlets, and can ceiling lighting installed. Then I think we will pause for the winter months and pick things back up in the Spring.
In the mean time, I am brainstorming the interior. Paint colors, flooring, ceiling, lighting, furniture, textiles, etc. That is the fun part for me, and I can't wait to be able to start working on the inside and then pull everything together.
With love,Mama Hauck
No comments:
Post a Comment