.

.

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Happy Gotcha Day, Leo!

From the second I saw his photo online, I knew he was meant to be mine. I filled out all the appropriate paperwork, talked for days with the rescue, and ohhhh so impatiently waited to see if I would be approved. 

Finally the word came, and 5 years ago today, I drove 2 hours away to Wags To Riches to pick up my boy. 

Leopold and I quickly became inseparable. I didn't realize just how much my heart could love him. I didn't realize just how deeply my soul needed him. 

 
 

And just as much as I love him, he loves me. Leo is always by my side. On the good days....and the bad. I couldn't have gotten through this breast cancer journey....chemo, surgery, immunotherapy.....without him. Every second of every day, he was there by my side, without fail. 

 

I am so grateful the universe placed him in my life. He is, without a doubt, my soulmate. 


5 years and counting, sweet boy. Happy Gotcha Day, Leopold Sebastian! 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment