.

.

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

16th Wedding Anniversary

Today, Sammy and I have been married for 16 years. That seems like an impossibly long time, yet its gone by in the blink of an eye. As it always seems to. 

I am so very proud of the life we have created thus far together. It's not like it's been easy. As with anything in life, there's ups and downs. And people change. I am not the same person I was back then. More than anything over the past few years, I have come to realize this. And neither is Sam. I am no expert, but I think, a lot of the time, that becomes a problem. THE problem. People change. And we're so caught up in the perception of how and who we want our partner to be. We forever want them to be the very person they were when we first met and fell in love. 

That's not how life works. We forget it's quite normal to change and mature....physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, throughout the years. No one ever stays the same. No one. And it's so easy to give up, to say you no longer fit together, and to move on. And sometimes, unfortunately, that's the truth, and it is for the best. But you can absolutely grow in self within your relationship. You can support your partner while life changes them. Your partner can support you while life changes you. It just takes understanding, empathy, team work, and a whole lot of love, on both parts. You have to allow your partner to grow and evolve throughout the years, and love them all the while. You have to choose them everyday. 

I actually don't know very many people my age who got married young (I was 19) and are still with the person they chose. 

So here we are, 3 children and 16 years later. My heart feels so full. 


Married April 5, 2006

2007

2008

2009

2010

2011

2012

2013

2014

2015

2016

2017

2018

2019

2020

2021

2022

Happy anniversary, Sammy. I choose you every day. Thank you for continuously choosing me, too. 

With love,                                                                                                      Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment