.

.

Friday, December 17, 2021

Baking With My Babies

The kiddos were suppose to have school today, but due to a perceived threat to the school system (and other schools all over the US) on social media, the Goldendale School District decided to play it safe and close for the day. They were definitely upset to have no school today.....the last day before Christmas break they usually have Christmas parties, exchange gifts, watch movies, eat goodies, etc. So I had to think of something to cheer them up. 

Instead of sitting around being sad, we decided to bake up a storm! Tonight we have a Christmas party/cookie exchange to go to, so not only did we need cookies for the cookie exchange, but we decided to bake up a whole bunch of cookies so that we could gift each family a tin of delicious, dairy free cookies! Unfortuantely, I have to eat dairy free right now, and it's sad continuously feeling left out of eating delicious food and goodies, so I scoured the internet for a few dairy free cookie recipes that looked good and do-able. 

Anthony, Molly, and Timothy each took turns helping me bake a different kind of cookie. I really enjoyed my time with them, and am so thankful for their help. They might have been in it for licking the beaters, but I was in it for the time with my babies. 


In then end, we wound up with 6 dozen chocolate chip cookies (the only one not dairy free....because my chocolate chip cookies are the best and you don't mess with perfection, haha!), 3 dozen chocolate peppermint crinkle cookies, 3 dozen gingersnap molasses cookies, 4 dozen thin mint cookies, 1 dozen no bake thumb print jam treats, and 2 dozen coconut haystacks. 

I am proud of our work and think the cookie tins turned out great! 


Thanks for the help, kiddos! Now it's time to party! (And pig out on cookies!)

With love,                                                                                                      Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment