.

.

Friday, August 7, 2020

Dogs Really Do Bury Bones

Did you know that I didn't know dogs ACTUALLY buried bones? Like I thought it was just something funny that cartoons made dogs do. I thought it was fake. Made up. I never actually witnessed a dog burying a bone....ever....in my entire life.....until I got Leo a little over a year ago. 

The first time he did it was when we were at the coast last July. He was just a few months old. I gave him a little treat and he proceeded to find a place in our friend's bushes and bury the treat in the bark. I was like WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL DID I JUST WITNESS!?? And I died laughing because it was the funniest thing I had ever seen and seriously had NO IDEA that dogs ACTUALLY buried things. And clearly I am easily amused...especially when it comes to anything concerning my sweet Leo. 

Fast forward a year. Leo is a pro at hiding and stashing bones for his later enjoyment all around our yard. And I still die laughing every time I watch him. His most recent stash had me rolling. I'm in the garden watering and look over just in time to see him plop this huge bone down in the empty garden bed. I couldn't get my phone out fast enough to catch the plopping down action, but I sure got him nosing the dirt all over it and the look on his face when he realized I had caught him.

Now tell me this isn't the cutest darn thing you've ever seen! Hahahaha


With love,                                                                                                        Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment