.

.

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Timothy Lake Camping Aug 17th-Aug 19th

We took our last summer camping trip this past weekend! We were also able to have our friends tag along with us! We were glad for the company, and the kids were stoked to finally have some friends to play with while camping this summer.  I think everyone was a bit disappointed there was a fire ban, so we couldn't have a fire and thus couldn't have smores, but we all survived with a fire and still had a great time

This was a short trip, we were only there for two nights - Friday and Saturday night, so really only one full day, Saturday. Instead of trying to jam pack hikes and fishing and what-not all into one day, we decided to just take it easy and lounge by the lake the entire day. This was definitely a nice change for us!......except maybe I got too much sun? Or didn't keep up with my drinking as much as I should? Unfortunately I got a headache about 4ish on Saturday and was bed ridden the remainder of the evening. UGH!! 

Still, we all enjoyed ourselves and the kids had a blast in the water! It was so fun watching them all swim around. Even the adults, me included, had a good time swimming. We are just so, so proud of Timothy in particular! Not only did he get brave and start swimming out farther with the other kids, but he also took to the kayak all by himself like a pro! Yay!


I'm really excited, we still have two more camping trips planned this year, both in September. One we'll do with the kids, and the last one Sammy and I will be camping by ourselves. It'll be really great for him and I to just chill out! We haven't been camping by ourselves in 11 years, since Anthony was born! So this will be nice. I'm only hoping that the fire ban will be lifted by our next camping adventure so we can keep warm around a fire!   

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment