.

.

Saturday, June 26, 2021

Happy Gotcha' Day, Leo!

2 years ago today, I adopted Leo. This tiny pup from a rescue shelter called Wags to Riches out of the Yakima, WA area caught my eye while I was casually perusing petfinder.com on a mild June day.  It was love at first sight. 

 

There must have been some special forces at play when the two of us were put together. Never in a million years would I have thought I could love a dog as fiercely as I do him. He is my heart dog. The one that touches my soul. I don't even care that it sounds corny to say it, because that's how strongly I feel that Leo was meant for me. 


This photo is my favorite. This photo means more to me then anyone will ever know. This is me in bed with a migraine with Leo right by my side. This dog.......it doesn't matter what time of day it is, who else is at home, what he was previously doing.....if I am unwell, he knows it, and he is there, laying by my side. 


Recently, in celebration of Leo turning 2 years old and my undying love for him, lol, I got his sweet little left paw print on my left foot. Now he can walk with me wherever I am, even if it's not home with him. I love it beyond words! 


I hope he can feel just how much I love him. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment