.

.

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Anthony's 8th Grade Promotion

Anthony had his 8th grade promotion yesterday! I don't know how those words are coming out of my mouth. How is he done with 8th grade? How is he going to be in High School next year? It seriously blows my mind!! 

I'm glad we were still able to have a promotion, but unfortunately Covid changed a few things. Every student only got two tickets for family, so instead of being able to invite all the grandparents, only Sammy and I could go. And it felt really weird with all the masks. We couldn't see all the kids' smiling faces, not to mention those of the proud parents. They did have a photo station set up in the corner of the gym when all was said and done for photos, but Anthony wasn't interested in being more embarrassed than he already was being made to get up and walk in front of people (yes, I am rolling my eyes), so I had to settle for bleacher photos with masks on. 

What I did love was the slide show that was put on. Parents were asked to send in up to five photos of their kiddo. I wish more parents had taken the time, but it was lovely to see the ones who did. Of course, I think Anthony's were the best! He is at minute 3:58, if you wanted to skip ahead. 


Anthony is in the teal shirt. Not the best quality, but that's alright. I was there in the moment, and that's what counts. 



I did later find out that someone live streamed the ceremony via FaceBook. I'm not sure if the link will work and take you to it, but it's worth a try. 

https://www.facebook.com/607260893/videos/10157881344845894/

We are incredibly proud of Anthony. He worked so hard this year, and all throughout Middle School. He has maintained A's and B's throughout his 4 years in Middle School and is finishing out the year just as strong!  Well done, Anthony!! You are officially on your way to being a Freshman in High School!! 

Tomorrow is the kids' last day of school. We are picking them up and heading out on our first camping adventure! We are so excited to kick off summer with a camping trip to Timothy Lake! 

With love,                                                                                                      Mama Hauck 


No comments:

Post a Comment