.

.

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Meet Leopold!

Eeekkk!! I got a puppy!! 

I've been wanting a little dog for a while now. I truly miss my two chi's I had years ago when Anthony and Molly were babies. Having a few little's of my own made it hard to have the time, patience, and love for a little dog. But now that Timothy is 7, and there's no more babies in my future, I felt this pull to get a sweet pup that I could "baby" and give me comfort when I'm curled up in bed with a migraine. 

LOL

I started my search months back. I didn't want to just jump at the first cute face I saw, so I took my time searching. I put in for a few dogs here and there over the past few months, but each time they got adopted out from under me, or the people just never responded back. It's a process for sure. 

Finally, I stumbled upon Wags to Riches out of Yakima, WA and started following their FB page. I saw a few possible matches here and there, but nothing jumped out at me. Until I saw this sweet face....


His name was York. 1 of 5 chihuahua/terrier mix 8 week old puppies, found with their Mama in an old abandoned parking lot. I new right then that he had to become mine! I filed the adoption papers at 10 O'clock at night and by morning time I had already received an e-mail back. Yay! After a few e-mails back and forth, we nailed down a meet-and-greet day of Wednesday, June 26th. I happily got everything in order and headed out that way with my dad, sister, and the kiddos on tow. 

When we got there, I had no intentions of taking him home that day. I thought it was just a meet-and-greet. But the lady of Wags to Riches had other plans! Since I came prepared with payment and planned neuter papers in hand, she told me I should take the pup home that day instead of waiting. As it was, the majority of the other pups were getting adopted by the end of the week, so it made sense to take him them. 

Eeekk!!! 

After a noisy couple hours in the car (he's totally not a fan of car rides....yet...), we made it home! 

Meet Leopold! Middle name Sebastian, lol. 


I love this pup beyond words. He is such the sweetest little cuddle bug. Full of spunk when he's in the mood to play, but lovey and cuddly most of the time. 


He already gets along smashingly well with Daisy. I was a bit worried about if Daisy would be to rowdy with him and hurt him, but she is so gentle and they play so nice! Definitely best friends already. I think it's such a great thing that Daisy has another dog to play with now, and having Daisy makes Leo's transition into a new home nicer. He's not alone after being taken away from his siblings. He can watch and follow Daisy, and she can be his pack. 


Leo already fits in so great. At only 10 weeks old, we've got a lot of work to do, but he's already making great strides. I'm in the middle of training him how to ring the bells on the front door when he wants to go outside, how to sit, and we're working on potty training. He'll be a work in progress for some time, but I'm confident he will grow into a well-rounded dog that I can take anywhere I please.


I am over the moon about Leopold.Wags to Riches is such a great organization and I will forever be grateful to them for connecting us. 

I am really looking forward to working with Leo and watching him grow! I see many adventures in our future! 

Love my new little pup!

With love,
Mama Hauck


No comments:

Post a Comment