.

.

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Corn Maze Fun at Curfman's

This past Saturday we spent the day at Curfman's Corn Maze in Toppenish, WA with our friends! In years past, this pumpkin patch and corn maze has been where we loved to go, but one year they were closed, and then they changed owners, so we hadn't been back. We've been going to Packer Orchards in Hood River, OR instead. 

I'm so glad we decided to go back this year! Things were different from what we were used to, but we really enjoyed our time there. They didn't have a "pumpkin patch" per say, so I'm sad we didn't get that real pumpkin patch experience this year, but they did have SUPER cheap pumpkins to choose from piled up in one area. $2 for a medium sized carving pumpkin? Yes please! Even their large pumpkins were only $6. You won't find more reasonably priced pumpkins than Curfman's. I'm so thankful we didn't have to break the bank just to get pumpkins this year. At that price, we were able to pick one up for all the Grandparents to carve next week! 

I like that Curfman's kept the small hay maze for little kids (I have many photos of the kiddos when they were younger playing in the hay maze!) and the hay slide. They even added a few more games, like bean bag toss and connect four, along with lots of areas to take cute photos. They gave tractor rides, but we didn't go one. 

It was so fun watching all the kids, of various ages, enjoy the hay slide, haha! There was laughter all the way around, from the 6 year old all the way up to the 15 year old. 


The corn maze wasn't quite as large as it used to be with the previous owners, but it was still far better than any other we've been to within a 2 hour drive of home.  I seriously love corn mazes (Like seriously! It's my favorite fall time fun activity!!), and this one did not disappoint! The big kids stayed with us for a short while, but then they branched off and did their own thing. Next time I will make them stay with us the entire time so I can get more photos, and then tell them all to go get lost for the second round, lol. 


After the corn maze, we were hungry! I love that they have a snack shack that served a ton of different food! I was really looking forward to cider donuts, but they were sold out! BOO!! Instead we got caramel apples, nachos, and my favorite: soft pretzel with cheese! I also drank a delicious apple cider.  It was definitely a splurge day. 


I'm so thankful our friends were able to join us for our corn maze fun! We got so lucky with beautiful weather too! One of these years I am going to drag Sam there at night time for their haunted corn maze they do at night time! That would be awesome! We will definitely be back next year. 

With love,                                                                                                      Mama Hauck   

No comments:

Post a Comment