.

.

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Back to School Photos 2020

Ah! I am so very late with the kiddos' back to school photos! Life has been insanely busy, and taking their back to school photos, along with blogging in general, was put on the back burner.  

The kids started school the beginning of September. To start, everything was online. We thought we knew what to expect based off of how things were in the Spring when the kids were home and doing school online, but things were different this Fall. Instead of just being given all their work on Monday and told to just putz on it throughout the week and have it done by Friday, the kids had an actual class and zoom schedule they needed to follow, and work was constantly being sent in throughout the whole week. 

It was really hard juggling 3 kids in 3 different grades with 3 different zoom schedules. I helped the kids navigate their google classrooms, sign on to their zoom meetings, checked their class work, helped them on assignments, etc. all day. I had no down time, and I literally got nothing done. I could hardly keep up with the normal house chores. It was exhausting! However, I do love having them home. I know in the future I will look back on this time and wish we could have it back. 

The all online schooling didn't last very long. I really did think it was going to be this way until January, but the kids are already on week two of our school district's hybrid model! They are all in hybrid group A, which means they actually get to go to school on Mondays and Tuesdays. The rest of the week they remain online at home.

I am LOVING this. I get a break and the opportunity to get other things done, like painting, soap making, grocery shopping, etc. on Mondays and Tuesdays. By the time Wednesday rolls around, I feel ready to have the kids home and monitor their schooling online. They are loving it too. They might have to wear their masks, do health screenings, and keep their distance from others, but the class sizes are small, they are offering free breakfast and lunch, they get to see their friends, and most importantly, they get to get out of the house!! This system is working really well so far and honestly, I wouldn't be sad if it stayed like this the remainder of the year. Of course, the kids want life to return to normal, as do we all, but I have a feeling I will miss them once they return full time. 

We don't know when a return to full time school will be, so in the mean time, we will just enjoy life in the present and keep rolling with the punches. 














With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment