.

.

Monday, July 23, 2018

Aunt Robyn's Visit

My sister Robyn from NY came to visit us a few weeks back for the first time since we've been living in Goldendale! My mom also came up from CA. It was super hot out, and we didn't have much time with her, but we did have a great visit! 

We went out to eat a few times! To The Town House for breakfast with Timothy while Anthony and Molly were wrapping up their cooking camp.... 


And to the Glass Onion twice. Once with all the kiddos and my mom, and once just Robyn and I. That day she and I drove around town and stopped in at many of the local shops. It was fun to have that one-on-one time with her. 


We celebrated my birthday during their visit, I turned 32! I opened up a few sweet gifts before we all loaded up and headed out to Frog Lake for the day!


My friend Mary and her family, as well as Grandma Cathy were able to join us too. We packed a picnic and brought the kayaks for a full day of fun at the lake! Even Daisy had a blast, running in and out of the water and chasing bugs and tadpoles, lol. We even stopped for ice cream on the way home. Chocolate peanut butter for me, please! 


On the last day Sam had off with us before having to head back to work, we took Robyn to see the Stonehenge WWI memorial. We then headed to The Dalles to hit up a few antique shops, lunch outside at the Clocktower , then for a dip at Horsethief Lake. Unfortunately, I got a headache shortly after lunch, so the trip to the lake was short lived and not very fun for me! Darn the heat! 


I wanted to show Robyn the process of making soap, so one morning, when it was particularly hot out, we made two batches. Coffee and clove, and pine! 


Since it had been a long while since Robyn saw our extended family, we made a 3 day trip to Whidbey Island so she could see our Grandma and Grandpa. We stayed with my Aunt Amy and Aunt Elaine while there. The kiddos always like staying with them!


It was nice for Robyn to be able to see our Grandma and Grandpa. The kids always enjoy see their Great's as well. There's always some sort of treat to be had and some fun coloring/work books to work in. Catching up was nice, it had been a year since I'd seen them, so it was a great visit!


We also got to stop in and pay a visit to our Uncle Joe! 


Before our time on the Island ended, we made sure to take a trip to the beach for a walk with the kiddos and Aunt Elaine. You can't go to the Island and not walk the shoreline!


Back home at our place, on the last day of Robyn's visit, it was important to us to get a few group photos. Now I'll have one with her in it to hang on our wall! 


And lastly, time to get her marked on our height board! Now all we need is my sister Sarah!


Thank you for coming out, Sister!! We love you! 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment