.

.

Friday, April 13, 2018

They Grow Up So Fast!


Remember when Daisy looked like this when we got her last late November? Ohhhhh my lanta, she was sooooo little


She is not so little anymore! It really is a shame babies grow so fast! I wish she would have stayed little for longer! 


Daisy is growing into a fine young pup. The "puppy stage" is sure strong with this one, lol, but at 7 months now, she sure is coming along. She's gotten really good at on command sitting and laying. We are slowly making progress on stay. She knows to sit before she can come out of the kennel, as well as sit before she can come in the house. I don't like being rushed, so this was a big one for me. She knows how to kennel up too, which is a great thing. She knows it's time to get in the car when I tell her we are going bye-bye to the bus stop to pick the kiddos up. :) She loves to play fetch and is great at bringing the ball/toy/whatever back to you. And she listens when you say drop it. She'll even go get her bally/toy/bone when you tell her too. Fun! She comes when you call her and also knows in and out, which is useful for when I need I just need her to get out of my face, lol. 

Some things I definitely struggle to work with her on: yard boundary training, jumping up on you when she's excited to see you, some yard digging, and leash manners. But, you know, slow and steady wins the race. We're making progress. I work with her when I can, a little here and a little there. You have to remember, I don't know what the hell I'm doing, hahaha, and she's relying on me to teach her. Yikes. 


Daisy is a great snuggler. And up until a month ago, we had no issues with her being on the couch and beds. Then the shedding started. Nope. Can't do it. Sorry, Daisy. You're banished to the floor and floor snuggles. No more couch. 

Though sometimes....when the house is all quite and I don't hear the jingle of her collar....


Naughty! You've been caught! She loves to sneak off and sunbathe on Anthony's bed during the morning hours. 


For as much as she drives me crazy, I think I might actually like her. Haha



Moving on! 

So Mama kitty and the two littles that we kept (that aren't so little anymore) got booted outside about a month ago (well to the shop, but they soon started to venture), and with that one change, life got immeasurably better! No more kitty litter? Yes please! This was a hard decision for me though. I haven't loved a kitty since I was a kid growing up in NY, but all that changed with the birth of Oreo's kittens last July - when my sweet Bear was born! Corny, I know, but I love this kitty. I mean, that face....love! Of course, I'm nervous about him wandering off, or worst case scenario, becoming hawk food, but it really isn't practical for us to have 3 cats inside getting hair everywhere. Not to mention they were destroying Molly's curtains and fluffy bed spread. And I really couldn't stand doing the litter box used by 3 cats anymore. That was a whole lot of cat poo.  



They weren't too happy about it at first. Once they figured out the cat door on the shop, they would sit outside the front door or perched up by the living room window and just meow and meow and meow until it drove you mad. I almost caved and let them back in, lol. But soon they were loving it and having a grand 'ol kitty time! 


Even Charlie, who doesn't care for Oreo, puts up with Bear and Chloe. So that's nice. They all live in kitty harmony, lol. 


And Oreo, Mama kitty, who was an inside-outside kitty, bouncing back and forth because of her kittens, can now officially stay outside with her babies to keep her company. She's shown them the ropes, teaching them all about catching mice and climbing trees. It's fun to watch them frolic around the yard. 


Ohhh my word, that face. Hunny Bear. 

Little Chloe

So outside life is all honky dory. Except for this mishap....I don't know what's going on here with Oreo....but it's pretty funny. Even Daisy looks confused, HA!


With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment