.

.

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Anthony's Mole Removal Surgery

Back on the 19th, Anthony had his mole removed. 

We've always given the kids autonomy over their own bodies. I've known for a long time that Anthony didn't like the large mole on his back. Despite it being a unique part of him that I've always loved,  I could also sympathize with him as well. I had a mole on my chest I was very self conscious about growing up and hated. I eventually had it removed some years back, and never regretted that decision. I knew I had to give Anthony the choice to do the same. We talked about it for some time, and then made an appointment with our amazing dermatologist to look it over and give his input. After we were given the green light, it was time to make the final decision....and Anthony decided yes....he would love to say goodbye to the mole so he could feel comfortable in his skin whenever he took his shirt off. 

He did so well with the surgery! I know he was a bit anxious, and getting the numbing poked into his back around the mole was pretty painful for him, but he did an amazing job at staying calm. He talked to his dermatologist the whole time and asked him some amazing questions, much to the dermatologist's delight! 

Some stitches, cream, and a large bandage to cover it, with doctor's orders to take it easy for about a week and we were on our way! 

We went back yesterday to have the stitches taken out. It looks a bit angry, and he had a reaction to where the bandage was, but overall it looks great! It will, of course, heal and lighten more as time goes on, but it makes me incredibly happy to know Anthony is pleased with the results thus far and happy about his decision. I would always want my children to make the best decisions for their body and for their mental well being. 

With love,                                                                                                            Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment