.

.

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Happy Shakey Graves Day!

Last night we had the pleasure of attending a live online Shakey Graves concert!! Ekkk!

Shakey is native to Austin, Texas. 10 years ago, the mayor of Austin declared February 9th Shakey Graves Day. Ever since then, Shakey puts out music on his platforms for a "pay what you can" price, with over half of the proceeds going to a charity of his choice. He also does a handful of in-person concerts, with the proceeds from those also going to his charity of choice. This year, with Covid regulations still lingering, he couldn't do any in-person concerts for Shakey Graves Day. Only live online concerts. While this is a bummer for people local to Austin who are accustomed to attending his Shakey Graves Day concerts in person, it meant we could attend his Shakey Graves Day concert this year.....online!! 

I totally celebrate Shakey Graves Day! 

Once I heard he was doing not only a concert on February 9th, but also the 23rd of February and one in March, I knew I was in trouble. I bought tickets for all three concerts, haha. 

I put my Shakey t-shirt on, grabbed some snacks, gathered the family and pets, and settled in for an hour and a half of live Shakey tunes! I was excited to not only hear many of our favorites, but 4 new not yet released songs too! Sweet!! The people attending his live concert were the first to hear them! Exciting!! 


Concert one down, two more to go! Hooray! It will be a grand day when we can attend concerts in person again. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment