.

.

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Happy 9th Birthday, Timothy!

Timothy, it is shocking how much you have grown in this past year. Not just in height and looks, but in personality. You are blossoming. There is no more shy and meek in you. You are independent, bold, outgoing. You are head strong. Stubborn. You are a leader, able to hold your own. 

You have grown so much, there's no stopping it, no matter how desperately I want you to stay little. No matter how much my heart wishes we could go back in time and do it all over again. Do it all over again so I could do things a bit differently. Not stress the little things so much. Not worry so much about things that I know don't matter now. Play more. Take you more places. Hold you a little tighter, a little longer. Just be more in the moment. Enjoy every little second. What I wouldn't give to do it all over again. 

Sometimes.....just sometimes....I catch glimpses of the younger, more vulnerable you. When you call my name from bed because you don't feel well. When you know you've done wrong and you feel the guilt and can't go to bed until we've talked it over and you know we're not mad at you. When you need that hug and 10 second snuggle to calm yourself down when you're angry or sad. When you want to sit with my and look at your baby book. When you ask me to help dry you off after a shower because you say I'm better at it than you are. When you crawl into the middle of our bed sometime during the night, quiet as a mouse. 

Please Lord, let him do that just a little bit longer. I love those moments. I need those precious moments just a little bit longer. Just a little bit longer. 


You make our hearts beat with so much pride, Timothy. There are no words to describe just how much we love you. 

Happy 9th birthday, sweet boy. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment