.

.

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Musical Haucks

A couple weeks ago, Anthony wanted me to record him playing Careless Whispers, the latest song he's been working on from lessons. He is doing so well! Not only does he play the sax every day in band, but he comes home and practices every day after school, and then has lessons most every Thursday as well. I love that he puts in the time. I love that he enjoys it. I love that he progresses every week. And I love listening to him jam with James, his saxophone teacher, when he's in his lessons. I just love, love, love that he can play this wonderful instrument!! 


Molly also wanted me to record her playing a song. First she played Here Comes the Sun, then Don't Worry Be Happy. She is working hard on that finger picking in Here Comes the Sun! It's been a challenge for her, but she's getting it! She seriously gets better every single time she picks up her ukulele. And that girl, she definitely needs a microphone so you can hear her sweet voice over her uke! Maybe for Christmas. We are so proud of her. I love listening to her play and sing! 

Did you know she and I wrote a song together? We wrote the lyrics and melody, then her music instructor, James, helped polish it up. I'll have to record her doing her own song soon. She is amazing! 



And then there's me...lol!! I decided that it's time I pick the violin back up and see what I can do. It's not much, hahaha, so don't get too excited! I haven't really played since elementary school, so there is definitely a severe lack of skill, like bow control and hitting the note correctly, but I am surprised that I remember anything at all!

For the past few weeks I've picked it up every now and again and run through some songs in my old books. I need to relearn my notes and how to read sheet music, for sure. I also thought it would be fun to try and figure out a song Anthony can play on his sax - Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes. I've done this over the past 2 weeks mostly via watching youtube videos and picking the notes out by ear. Fun!! I tried my hand at it last night with the song playing in the background. It's not stellar, and I know I don't know all of the correct notes because I'm trying to figure it out myself, but for only practicing for 2 weeks, it's pretty ok if I do say so myself, lol. 


In other exciting news, Timothy started piano lessons last month! I managed to find a gal right in Goldendale! He'll go every Tuesday, right after school, for 45 minutes. He's super excited to learn and we are super excited to add him into the musical mix! I was waiting to see if he would take an interest in something, and piano it is! He has already learned all of his notes and has practiced every day! What a good boy! 



And last but not least, Sammy picked himself up a double bass! He used to play when he was younger, and has been on the search for one for a while. When we saw that out music store had one come in, I knew he had to buy it. He's figuring out relearning all the notes. That'll be easier and quicker for him to do once his book comes in...it should be here shortly! 

Yay for music! 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment