.

.

Monday, December 18, 2017

Timothy's Christmas Program

Timothy had his Kindergarten Christmas program last Friday! Kindergarten always has their program during the day. Knowing this, Sam took the whole day off work to attend the program and then hang out in the school with me for Timothy's class party. Fun!! 

What a handsome little boy!! I had bought him a new button up for his concert, but it turns out Friday was "ugly sweater day" at school, so Tim opted to wear his (adorable) sweater instead. Cutie pie!! 


Now, if you know Tim, you know he has always been on the shy side. He's always been great with adults and older kids, but peers his age have always been an issue. Talking and playing with his peers had never been a favorite of his, though we did see a slight improvement with this in Praschool. And he has NEVER sang at ANY event in the past. He never sang during preschool. He never sang at his pumpkin patch field trip. He never sang at his Christmas program. He never sang on his leprechaun walk. He never sang at Mother's Day Tea. And he never sang and his preschool graduation. That is a whole lot of awkward, silent standing. HA!! 

Enter Kindergarten. I don't know whats been going on, but Timothy has just blossomed!! He TALKS to other kids. Seriously, he talks. And apparently he is hilarious. His teacher, Mrs. Howell, says he always has her rolling. Ohhhhh and he PLAYS with other kids! For real!! Like I had to have photos from school staff to show me because I didn't believe it! Lol!! 

With his Christmas program coming up, I wondered if he was going to participate. I mentioned this to a few people in the school and they were all like, "What!? He's doing awesome! He sings and does the dance!" And I was like, "Uhhhh huhhhhhhh." Haha

On Christmas Program morning, Timothy left for school all smiles, super excited about his rad sweater. I thought to myself, ok, so far so good. 

He walked into the gym with a smile on his face, looking as adorable as ever.....


Holy crapolee. He sang. He sang! And he did stuff with his hands! Christmas song movement stuff! It's a Christmas miracle!!!!! 

(But don't even get me started on him being in the 3rd row and hardly being able to see him......you know my thoughts on that particular issue!)


Eekk!! Ready for the dance!? It's my favorite part! 


Heaven help me. I thought my heart was going to burst. I can't believe he sang and danced. Sam, Grandma Cathy, and I were totally blown away!! 

WAY TO GO, Timothy! We are so, so proud of you for singing and dancing!! That took a lot of courage and you were so wonderful! Great work! 


After his program, we left for lunch, then Sam and I returned at noon to spend time helping out in Tim's classroom for his class Christmas party! We helped with crafts, recess, and then helped serve out cookies and hot chocolate while the kiddos watched a movie. I was in charge of a painted hand print craft, haha, it was messy, but fun! Sam and I each took a few minutes and went down to Molly's classroom as well to surprise her. That was a treat. 


With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment