.

.

Friday, March 10, 2017

Sing Your Little Heart Out

MOLLY STARTED VOICE LESSONS LAST WEEK!! 

Whoop whoop! I am so excited for her, I could scream! 

This girl, I'll tell ya, came out of my belly singing. 

For two years now we've been trying to find someone local to give her voice lessons, but to no avail. And then it just kinda fell in our laps. Gorge Community Music in The Dalles (so not local....but worth it!) had a sign up advertising voice lessons through one of their guys, James. We marched in, got his info, and I called and got it set up the second we got back in the car. Eeekk! Just like that.  

She started last Thursday, the 2nd. She has 1/2 hour lessons every Thursday at 5pm. I pick her up from school, head straight to The Dalles, have 45 minutes - 1 hour to get in some quick grocery shopping, and then its time for lessons! James is wonderful, we really like him and are so thankful for him. The drive and all the hustle and bustle is worth it so she can cultivate her love of voice. 


I don't go in the room with her during her lesson. I'm banished to the couch next to the door, haha! Just as well, I think she is less nervous that way. I can still hear her......if everyone else jamming out in the building is quiet enough to allow me! ;)  


Molly's 1st lesson: going over voice exercises. She was shy and unsure of sounding silly, so James helped put her at ease by sounding silly himself. He explained that voice exercises are an important part of voice growth. She has voice exercises she will be practicing 4-5 times a week at home. So far so good! 


Molly's 2nd lesson: "Lean on Me" is the song that she's been practicing with James. Just from week 1 to week 2, she's gotten significantly better. I've put the song on my youtube mix, so we've been listening and singing along to it daily. At this lesson, James expressed his desire to have her eventually perform the song. The verdict is still out on that....shy girl....but I'm hoping she'll grow confident enough. Hard to perform in front of "others," totally get it. I guess singing at the top of her lungs at home daily doesn't count as performing in her mind? hahaha


This is her thing. And we are so excited to be able to nurture this talent she has. We're over the moon, and so is she! We are so proud of you Molly. Sing your little heart out and grow in talent and confidence! I'll start creating a list of songs I'll want you to sing for me. :) 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment