.

.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Oregon Coast Beach House Trip 2016

Our Oregon Coast trip was different this year, we didn't get to go in July for Garibaldi Days and the Evans' crab boil like we usually do. Life got busy. However, Sam and I were still able to make it out that way sans kiddos for some adult time with some friends; Tommy, Tim, and Danielle, this past weekend. 

We felt a little guilty and sad for being there without the kids, but we truly had a great time. Lots of laughs and relaxation.


Saturday we took a drive out to Cape Kiwanda and trekked up the huge sand hill to the edge of the sandstone cliff to take in the views. It was very overcast and foggy, so unfortunately we didn't get to see much, but it was still enjoyable. Getting up the hill was a pain; I thought I was going to die. Not to mention the amount of sand I got in my shoes was ridiculous!


Back at the house, we rested, lounged around, and got the ribs going on the smoker for dinner.

  

While we waited on the ribs, we hit up the Ghost Hole for a drink  and some video poker. Sam won $45, and with that we called it quits. Quit while you're ahead is my motto, lol. Before heading back to the house, we walked around down town Garibaldi for a bit, stopping in at the nice antique stores they have there.


Saturday night we enjoyed delicious food, a nice fire, music, and great company. The ribs were amazing! It was a beautiful night.


Sunday  morning we made our way to the Tillamook Cheese Factory! We go every time we are in the area. It's a tourist trap, I know, but I just can't resist buying some extra sharp Tillamook cheese and a Tillamook ice cream waffle cone! Even though we've done the tour a million times, we did it again. It never gets old.


Finally, the moment I wait all year for; my visit to Cape Meares Beach. I just love it there! The weather was beautiful out, sunny and clear. I took a nap in the sand while the others walked around a bit. When Sammy got back, we made sure to take our cliche beach photos and a group one too! I could stay there forever. My happy place.


After our time at the beach, we headed to a small town called Wheeler to browse the amazing antique shop they have there. After antiquing, we stopped for a drink before heading back to the beach house for a dinner of homemade fish and chips. We rounded off the night with watching a scary movie: Hush.

Monday morning was lazy. We slept in, ate blueberry waffles, watched the Olympics, then got on the road at 11.  I love lazy mornings.


I'm feeling thankful for another wonderful weekend away at the Evans' beach home! 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment