.

.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Big 4 is Coming!

Leaping lizards, my baby turns 4 years old in a week!

EEKK! 

I'm not entirely sure how 4 has crept up on us so quickly. It feels like just yesterday I was snuggling him, minutes old, in the birthing tub. 


I will forever be begging time to slow down, and I will forever be disappointed when it does not. Ah yes, time marches on and we've no power over that! 

My heart simultaneously aches for the passing of the newborn, baby, and toddler stages...... 



......and burst with joy and excitement for the preschool and big-boy years that are to come!


Yes, the big 4 is coming! There's no stopping it! So what birthday plans are in store? Timothy is a huge fan of the bakery in town, Bake My Day. I frequently take him there for lunch or baked treats. I'm thinking we'll do breakfast there, with some special birthday treats ordered. This year, just like last, Timothy wants to go to the indoor trampoline park in Yakima for an hour or two of jumping fun. I tried to convince him of the zoo, but he's set on some trampoline fun, haha. Anthony and Molly will play hooky from school because birthdays are so very special in our home, and no child of mine will ever attend school on their birthday or sibling's birthday. Ever. ;)

The countdown is on, sweet boy! One more week! 

If you see me around town in the next week with my shades on, it's because I'm hiding my big 'ol crocodile tears! This Mama can never see a birthday pass without a lump in my throat and glistening tears in my eyes. *sigh*


With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment