.

.

Monday, March 21, 2016

I Don't Care About It

The other day I was having a discussion with Anthony about getting a new bike. His current bike is too small for him, so a new one would be awesome, and we were talking about the money needed to make that happen. All of a sudden, Timothy, who was sitting next to us while we were talking, pipes up: "You can use my money, I don't care about it!" 



He is always offering to pay for lunch with his "quarters." He gets mad when he forgets to bring his "pennies" because that means he can't pay for dessert when we eat out. And like stated above, when someone in the family mentions the desire for something, he offers to use his "dollars" to buy it. He'll even pull it off the shelf when we're in the store and put it in the cart with every intention of buying it. I have to reason with him that we're not going to spend his money, whereupon he will once again tell me he just "doesn't care about it." 

Timothy, you are always so willing to share your piggy bank with our family. But it's not just your piggy bank, it's toys, affection, help, and time. 

You will be a rich man if you can hold on to that line of thinking; for money doesn't make a rich man, but love and kindness do. 



I am so proud of your kindness. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment