.

.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Finally Some Horse Time

Poor Nik, my neglected horse! 

This weekend I was able to get in a little horse time while Timothy napped. It had been A YEAR since I've ridden and that's pretty ridiculous. I honestly just can't find the time to get down to the barn and spend time with my horse. It's not like I can bring Timothy down to the barn with me. During the week, the only productive time I have is when Timothy is napping.....and to be honest, I usually spend that time pooping and taking a shower. So I guess that's pretty productive, yeah? Haha On the weekends we're usually busy with grocery shopping or some sort of project and have very little down time. I really need to focus on carving out more horse time (and me time). Maybe when Sam gets home from work since it stays light out longer now. 

Anyway, Molly helped me brush Nik. She loved that. It was really windy out and he's loosing his winter coat, so hair was just flying everywhere, lol. Since it had been a while since riding and Nik can get a little (a lot) frisky, I wanted to work out some of his kinks by lunging him. I did that for a bit and then hopped on bareback as I didn't want to take the time to mess with the saddle. Timothy's nap time is very precious and you waste not one second! I was pleasantly surprised by Nik, he listened very well and so I felt comfortable giving the kids each a shirt ride around the arena. They had a blast and so did I!

Hopefully there will be much more riding going on now. 


With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment