.

.

Friday, August 31, 2012

My Big Boy

Soccer is going well! Last night Anthony had his second practice and he's doing great! He seems to really enjoy it and being around the other kids. His friend Matthew is on his team and they are just a hoot to watch. Molly, Sammy, Timothy, and I set up a towel in the grass with water bottles and a snack and watched all the kids practice from there. Sam was joking with me about this being the first of hundreds of practices we will go to in our life as parents.


Wednesday we had Anthony's open house for Kindergarten! When I told him that morning we had his open house that night, he was pretty excited. He's on the Blue team with Wilkins. For the first two months, he'll go all day, every other day. Then starting in November, he'll go all day everyday. His good friend Matthew has Wilkins, but is on the red team. So they wont actually be in class together until November when it changes to everyday. Don't ask me why it's all like this, I do not know. All day seems like such a long time for a 5 year old to be at school when just the previous year at Preschool, it was only 3 days a week for 2 1/2 hours. It'll be an adjustment for him, as well as myself. I still have to figure out how my morning routine with 3 kiddos will go, trying to get Anthony to the bus stop 3 miles away on time. Wish me luck.

Anyway, so we get there and we find his classroom. They had a checklist of things we had to do. Find his locker, find his desk, put away the classroom goodies (every kiddo was asked to bring a pack of pencils, 2 packs of crayons, 2 glue sticks, a box of tissues, and some sort of snack), and fill out 3 tags for the bus. Anthony walked around and found his locker, desk, and checked out the room and all the cool toys and books and stuff. Of course he found some legos and made it a point to show me where they were. :) We met Mrs. Wilkins and the Principle, then got a photo of Anthony and Matthew before taking off to walk the rest of the school. I wanted to make sure he remembered where the bathroom was and could make it back to his classroom, no matter where he was in the school. He did a good job remembering and I'm so proud of him!

I felt a bit anxious while there (Am I lame or what!?), but I don't think anyone could tell. I liked seeing Anthony's classroom and him sitting at his desk with his little cup of crayons and stuff by him. I think it'll help me form a nice mental picture of him all cute at his desk when I'm missing him at home. Going to the school with Anthony has helped put my mind at ease a bit. And I've done my best to get him ready. Now all we're waiting for is next Thursday! His first day or Kindergarten!


Such a big boy. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment