.

.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Eve on the Hauck Homestead 2011

It's always a bummer when the holidays are over, vacations end, and life returns to normal. But to me this just means I'm a little bit closer to Spring....and Spring for me means baby time! So I don't mind seeing the end of Christmas all that much. :)

Grandma Hauck has flown home, the Christmas decorations are down and boxed up for next year, Anthony returned back to school today, and routines are getting back to normal. So I suppose it's time for me to play catch up on ya'lls blogs as well as my own!

Every Christmas Eve we allow the kiddos to open one gift each. Molly opened one from her Grandpa and squealed with delight when she saw it was bracelets and hair clips. She walked around the rest of the evening with all the bracelets on, lol. Anthony opened up one from Papa....a hot wheels track! Whoop!  He was stoked as he's been wanting one FOREVER and the two of them set it up right away and played for a long while.


After opening up a present, we all headed outside to leave special food out (oatmeal with sparkles, lol, along with a few carrots) for the reindeer. Anthony got a kick out of running around the yard with a flashlight trying to pick that perfect spot to leave the reindeer food.


We then headed inside for bath time. I told them they had to be all cleaned up for when Santa came, haha, but really I just wanted clean looking kids for photos the next morning. ;) After the bath Sammy wrote the kids' letter to Santa, as dictated by Anthony. Then they picked out the cookies they wanted to leave Santa as I got a glass of milk out. I bet Santa enjoyed his snack later that night. ;)


I love all the preparations we do on Christmas Eve! It builds up the excitement for the next morning and it's so fun to see that excitement reflected on the kids' faces.


With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment