.

.

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Hello, Summer!


The kid's last day of school is TOMORROW! Wahoo!!! We're so ready to quit waking up early to get to the bus stop by 6:40. 


They don't know it, but we are going to pick them up tomorrow, complete with camper and kayaks, and surprise them with a camping trip! 

It's been hard to keep this a secret. I've been packing for the past couple days and they're all like, what are you doing? I just say I'm packing early for our camping trip at the end of the month, hahahaha, and they totally buy it. I mean, I am a planner and doing things early is not out of the norm for me....so I think I'm safe in my preparations. We even had a visit from friends who will be house sitting, so we could show them how to take care of the animals, yard, and garden. Even then I was just like, "Oh hunny, we're doing it now because they couldn't any other day." hahaha No one suspects anything yet. Yay.  

Also part of my camping preparations, in my never ending quest to ditch store bought and make more homemade, I've tried my hand at homemade cheese crackers, graham crackers, and marshmallows! I'm pleased to say that all three recipes are a huge success! I'll have to post the recipes after camping.  

 
 

Yummy! Sooo excited for homemade s'mores! 


Now, the only glitch with this camping trip is the weather. It's been sunny, but on the cooler and breezy side recently. It's going to get nice here starting this weekend, but up at Timothy Lake, we're looking at only reaching 60-65* with the possibility of rain. But, you know, we have the camper, warm clothes, and tarps. It might not be nice enough to actually go swimming, but we'll have fun either way.  I mean, you can't go wrong with a camp fire, UNO, and delicious camp food. 

Bring on summer! I can't wait to see the look on the kids' faces when we roll up to school with the camper, lol. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment