I've been thinking. A lot. There are many changes I want to make in my life. We can all stand to learn and grow. After much deep, honest thought, I've come up with a list of the things I'd like to work on.
1. I love to write. I need to write. Poems, songs, random musings, etc. etc. You don't have to read it or even like it, but I'm going to write. Whether I post on here or just write for myself, I'm going to write.
2. I would like to take things one day at a time, one task at a time. I get easily overwhelmed by taking on too much or looking too far into the future. I get discouraged when I feel like I don't have control of things. I want to be able to take a deep breath and relax. I don't have all the answers. I don't know how things will go. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time, one task at a time.
3. I'm going to try to focus on the positives and not so much the negatives. Try to focus on my haves and not my have nots. I will work on controlling my jealous thoughts and try to be more humble. I will forgive those that need to be forgiven, ask for forgiveness when I need to be forgiven and then move on instead of dwelling. Positive, positive, positive. Focus on the positives.
4. I feel as if I have lost part of myself....a large reason for my self image issues. My children are my world, without them I would simply cease to exist and anyone who knows me knows I would absolutely crumble into nothing if I did not have my children. My children might define who I am, but they do not make up ALL of who I am. I know I am more than a wife and Mama.....though most days I struggle with feeling like that's all I am anymore. This is an incredibly destructive feeling. I would like to take more time for myself and do things that make ME happy and spark MY interest and make ME feel good because I have neglected myself and in doing so stunted my growth.
Stick with me here......
5. I'm going to work on my self confidence and build myself up. I need to believe that I can do it.....whatever it might be. Like my photography. I also need to not let people walk all over me, treat me like a child, or impose their feelings and beliefs on me. I am my own person with my own thoughts, feelings, and opinions. I can make my own decisions and intend to do just that. I want that to be respect by others. I pride myself on being very open minded and non-judging of others. I only wish for that in return.
6. Quite possibly the biggest change I'd like to see is with my relationships. I need to choose who is worth my time and energy, who is not, and then cut my looses. Fair weather friends have no place in my life. I don't like being used or called upon only when it is convenient for the other person. I give all my love and go out of my way for those I care about and would like to receive that in return. Too many times I give and give and give of myself to someone only to be dropped and ignored and left feeling like a fool when I am no longer convenient for them or the next best thing comes along. That's incredibly hurtful. I deserve more. I want someone to be my friend for the sole purpose of loving me and wanting the joy of my friendship. I know I deserve that.
7. I will pray for, smile, and be happy for those around me for the happiness and good things that come their way because, just like me, everyone deserves their happiness and deserves to feel content with their life. I should always wish someone well, regardless of my feelings.
8. I would like to strive to be more patient as well as carefree when it comes to my life and more specifically my children. Some things just aren't worth getting all worked up over. I want to be able to not sweat the small stuff.
9. I will work to control my thoughts. Thoughts directly dictate moods and actions. Negative thoughts can act like poison.
10. I want to get my thoughts, feelings, and opinions across more constructively and be more patient with others when they are trying to do the same. I want to reduce the number of arguments and misunderstandings in my life and raise the number of constructive and meaningful conversations.
11. Don't act rash. I'm only human and I make mistakes.....that means everyone else is only human as well and I shouldn't jump on them right off the bat for any wrongs they might do me. Maybe they didn't realize. Maybe they didn't know just how much it would affect me. Or maybe they did and didn't care. Regardless, I would like to learn to take a deep breath and take a step back before I react. Remove myself from the situation...a time out if you will. Sleep on it before deciding which move to make next, if any move at all. Give the person a chance to explain if they will. I've yet to make a rash decision that turned out to be a good one and didn't create more turmoil.