.

.

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Gorge Community Music Student Showcase

Last night, Gorge Community Music (GCM) of The Dalles, OR, celebrated their 2nd year in business by holding a recital for all the students that take lessons there! It was a full house! Anthony and Molly performed with their music teacher, James, and we are so, so proud of them!!! 


Right from the get-go, Anthony was all about performing at the recital! He has progressed so much since starting sax lessons with James back in September and is really loving it!  He did so well last night! He even had to perform a little improv in the middle of the song, which I'm sure was a bit scary in front of a crowd! 



"Cool Blues"

We are so proud of you, Anthony! You got right up there on the stage and nailed your performance! I am so happy you enjoy playing the saxophone so much! We are excite to watch you grow and progress with your playing. Great work, Anth!! 


Weeks ago, when we were told about the recital, Molly said she didn't want to participate. I totally got that. It's hard to be up in front of a crowd. However, with some gentle encouragement from James and myself, she ultimately decided to go for it. And wouldn't you know it, she was amazing!! Molly and James performed "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" and "I Believe I can Fly."


"Sitting on the Dock of the Bay"
 

"I Believe I Can Fly"

We are sooooo proud of you, Molly! You were so brave getting up there in front of everyone! I'm so happy you had fun. You are the sweetest little song bird! You totally made Grandma Cathy cry! Had I not been worried about shaking the camera, I would have bawled too, lol! You've been doing your voice lessons for almost a year now.....we can't wait to see where you'll be in another year! 



We are very thankful to have GCM, and especially James, in our lives. Here's to making more sweet music and wonderful memories!! 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment