.

.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Ohhh Mama Kitty

Eeekk!! My kitty is pregnant! 


Sweet Oreo is going to be a Mama! She is such a small kitty, I don't see how kittens can even fit inside her belly! When we got home from our vacation to Sunriver I was like, "Holy crap, Sam! Oreo is either pregnant or she's digesting a huge bird!" haha. It's definitely kittens....we've felt them kick! Her belly is as hard as a rock and growing every day. 

I don't know much about having kittens, but I've gone and done a lot of reading now. The gestation period is around 60-67 days (we don't know how far along she is, but guessing she will deliver in 2 weeks or less? Maybe?), we switched her up to kitten chow as it has more calories in it, we give her chicken and liver every so often for some added nutrients, and we're keeping her inside more, especially at night. 

The kids are out of their minds excited. I think this will be a great experience for them; seeing newborn kittens and Mama in action, naming the kittens, playing with them, and then ultimately re-homing them (except for 1!). Plus, we're excited to share our kittens with my niece, Madalynn, who comes to visit here soon! Hopefully Oreo has delivered by then! 


My mom and dad were here recently, and they helped me set up a birthing suite for her, hahahaha! That doesn't mean she'll choose the box to deliver, but at least it's there for her with food and water close by. We've got blankets under beds and under chairs just in case she decides to not use the birthing box, lol lol. Can you tell we're excited? Now hopefully she doesn't choose to deliver while we are away at the beach! 


Hooray! Can't wait for baby day! 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment