.

.

Monday, May 8, 2017

A Little More Garden Progress

More progress in the garden! Woo-hoo! 

The onions have now gone in! Purple and yellow both. Sammy and I took on that task by ourselves. It'll be great to have onions out the wazoo!


Sam made me a bigger strawberry box. Hooray! I'm super excited to watch them as they shoot off their little arms and creep their way over to the clear side of the box! 


I spent about an hour....yes, an hour....weeding, cutting off dead, and cleaning up the raspberry bed. That was a labor of love for sure!! I didn't realize clover had such deep, stubborn roots! I had to carefully dig it all out with a shovel, while making sure to not damage the raspberry plants. I better get a high raspberry yield with all the love I've already put in, haha. 


Anthony purchased, with his own money, some cabbage starts at our local Home, Garden, and Sportsman Show that was held in Goldendale two weekends back. He did so well with the cabbage he got from school last year, he was really wanting to try his hand at it again! He planted three, and we told him that he's in charge of them, so we'll see how it goes! He's pretty dang excited.


I've been wanting to make some sort of cute vegetable signage for the garden for a while now, but never did take the time to do so last year. I finally devoted a day to making some up and I really love how they turned out! Sam put them on stakes and Molly helped me get them in the garden beds. I feel like the garden is more "official" now, haha, not to mention super cute! 


......Couldn't forget to add a touch of Bigfoot to the garden!.....


The garden!  


I also painted a sign for our pumpkin patch! We can't wait to plant pumpkin seeds come June! 


Next up, green beans! They will be planted sometime in the next 2 weeks or so. And perhaps peppers in the last open bed. For now, we'll just enjoy watching our carrots and onions start to sprout, and the raspberries, strawberries, and cabbage take off! 

With love,

Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment