.

.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Project Progress and Island Trip

We finally got the concrete poured for our future guest house! It seems like such a small thing in the grande scheme of things, but we've been patiently waiting for years now; saving up the money and trying to find the right time in our busy lives to get the job done. I'm so happy and relieved to have that part complete. My dad helped Sam build the concrete fame over the summer, and our friends and neighbors came by to help us during the actual concrete pouring process. I am so thankful for their help. Step one complete! Now we can slowly start saving up for the next step: framing! 


We had enough concrete left over to also pour the pad for my hot tub!.....



 ....which meant it was time to go to Oak Harbor and get it! I am excited beyond words about this! For 8 years I've been waiting to get my hot tub from our house in Oak Harbor, and we've finally made the trip out that way to haul it home to Goldendale! 

Since my Mom had plans to come up from CA to take the kiddos to the Island for a mini vacation to have fun and spend time with our extended family out that way, Sam and I thought it a great time to bum a ride to the Island so we could rent a U-haul to get our hot tub home to Goldendale.  

Once on the Island, my cousin Corey, his girlfriend Kaelani, and my Aunt Amy, helped Sam and I load the hot tub in the U-haul. In general it went well, but not without some hiccups! Apparently there were a few yellow jacket nests inside the base of the hot tub, and this caused for some issues....and some stings! Sorry Sam and Corey! We managed to get the job done though, and Sam was able to load up his Ford Galaxy, which had also been sitting in Oak Harbor just waiting to make its way to Goldendale with us.  



The hot tub itself needs a bit of work since sitting unused for 8 years; a new lid, some electrical work, a few pieces of it's siding replaced, and some general deep cleaning. Not to mention we have to do the work to get the hot tub area set up; the first step was the railroad ties and concrete pad, the next step will be running electricity to it. I'm so thankful to finally have it here! I can't wait to get it all set up in the next month or so and take that first relaxing dip....while listening to OAR and chit-chatting with my lover, just like old times! 



Progress on some much wanted projects makes my heart so happy. 

Our trip to the Island was short, but nice. We got to the Island late Friday night with just enough time to eat dinner and go to bed. Saturday we woke up early, got the U-Haul, and headed to our home for the Galaxy and hot tub. With our work complete by noon, we headed out for a few hours of fun with Corey and Kaelani! We went out to Mexican for lunch, went on an awesome hike at Ebey's Landing, got some ice cream in Coupeville down by the Wharf, then headed on back to Aunt Amy's, where we were staying, for dinner and bed. Sunday we had just enough time to visit with my Great Aunt and Uncle, as well as my Grandma and Grandpa, before getting on the road at 11 for the slow drive home.



Saying our good-byes to the kids went well. They will have a super fun time on the Island with my Mom visiting family while Sam and I have a few weeks to ourselves to unwind and get some projects done. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment