.

.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Hiking Multnomah Falls

We've visited Multnomah Falls many times, but always in passing and never as a hiking destination. So what better time to actually hike to the top than Spring Break? Grandma and Grandpa from CA joined us as well! 

Now, before going into this, I knew that it was a hike UP to the top of the falls. Up being the key word. I shouldn't have been surprised with all the switchbacks and steepness....yet there I was, cursing the passing switchbacks, all out of breath, gluteus maximus killing me, surprised at how tired I was. Wah wah! 

At least it wasn't only me. People were resting at every switchback, cursing under their breaths. By the end, I felt like I needed a "I survived the hike up to Multnomah" t-shirt. Or at least a magnet. 

The kids were total champs, just cruising right along. Poor Molly though, about half way she had to go pee so bad! With so many people around that day, I didn't want to embarrass her by making her squat....so Grandma turned back with her and brought her back down to the potty. So Molly and Grandma didn't make it to the top, but I think they were ok with that. :) Thanks, Grandma! 

When the rest of us reached the top, it was sweet relief! We stayed a bit, soaking up the view and our triumph, before heading back down. Note to self: going down is much easier.


I survived Multnomah. Oh, and the family did too. Haha

With love,
Mama Hauck   

1 comment:

  1. Our precious grandbabies may be a handful but we wouldn' have it any other way! It was a wonderful vacation, always feeling a little too short but we packed in so much fun!! Thank you so much for the wonderful times. Can't wait to see you all in August. Love you all lots!

    ReplyDelete