.

.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Valentine Tic-Tac-Toe

In what grade do they stop holding Valentine's Day parties and having the kiddos give out all those sweet little Valentines? It'll be a sad year when the classroom Valentine fun fizzles out! Somewhere along the line, kids are bound to think Valentines silly. I get it. When that time inevitably comes, I hope they at least still smile when they take out the Valentine I sneak in their backpack or lunch sack because I won't be stopping that anytime soon! 

I really love helping the kids make Valentines for all their friends. Typically, in past years, the kids and I liked to put together little goody bags filled with pencils, balloons, candy, and other fun little trinkets that we found for their friends. This year, however, while scrolling Etsy, I came across a super cute classroom Valentine idea....

Valentine Tic-Tac-Toe! 

I purchased a download from Mod Pod Designs on Etsy that I printed up on card stock and then cut out with my paper cutter. I hit up the Dollar Store for some Valentine colored pom-poms, Joann's for some bags, then grabbed Anthony and Molly for some Valentine making fun! 

They each went down their class list, writing a name of one of their friends on the back of their tic-tac-toe card, and then picking out the color pom-poms they wanted them to have. I in turn slipped everything into a bag and sealed it with a sticker. Voila! 


The finished Valentines! How cute and fun are these!? I hope all the kiddos love them! 


This year I'll be joining Anthony in his classroom for his class Valentine's Day party. I don't have a babysitter for Timother, but Anthony's teacher said no worries about bringing him with. We signed up to bring crackers and bananas to share. It'll be fun to join his class for their party! 


With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment