.

.

Monday, November 2, 2015

Cooking: Getting Back to Math Basics

Every Monday, Anthony brings home a homework packet filled with different ways to practice his spelling words and math facts. Anthony gets to choose a different activity each day. He likes being able to choose what he gets to do homework wise.

One of his favorite ways to practice his math facts is to help me bake and cook. I've always had the kiddos help me in the kitchen. Its a great way to learn those basic math skills. And you know, there's something to be said for the bonding that happens over whipping up some yummy chocolate chip cookies!  

I'm really happy to see cooking and baking as a homework option in his homework packet. It truly is the starting point of all math. But ohhhhh Heaven help me when I've got a helper in the kitchen!! 



Hahaha! 

Ok, so yes, I'm a bit of a control freak and OCD when it comes to messes in my home. You think I wouldn't be after having 3 children, but it is ingrained into every fiber of my being. In any case, I do enjoy cooking with the kiddos and watching them have fun! I let Anthony do all the recipe reading, measuring, pouring, stirring, etc. He totally gets a kick out if it!

So far this school year, he's helped me make stroganoff, calico beans, muffins, cookies, pancakes, tuna noodle casserole, spaghetti, and Anthony's favorite: cheesy stuffed shells.


Thanks for helping me cook, kiddo! 

With love,
Mama Hauck

1 comment:

  1. Yea for Anthony and Mama!! Master Chefs!

    ReplyDelete