.

.

Monday, June 15, 2015

Pack 551 Meet and Greet!

We had our first official Pack 551 gathering this past Sunday! It was a meet and greet of all the boys and their families at the park. We were so excited! I'm actually not sure who was more excited...Anthony, or Sam and I. Haha! We put so much time and work into this gathering....after finally getting our uniforms, we were all dressed up and ready to get this show on the road!


The meet and greet was a smashing success and we had wonderful weather! A bit breezy, but that helped offset it being in the 80's. All the boys, as well as their families and all the leaders appeared to have a great time. There was a simple obstacle course that all the boys and their siblings ran. A good starting point and way to burn off some energy! We were able to place all the boys in their dens and introduce them to their Den Leaders and all the other Pack Leaders as well. We had a birdhouse building craft that was a hit! Literally. Lots of adult fingers got smashed with those swinging hammers! haha!

The Scout oath, law, handshake, salute, sign, and motto were all introduced to the boys. These are all things the boys are required to learn in order to earn their first rank, The Bobcat, and are essential to Scouting. That was my task, my "baby." I got each boy a folder with a name tag and put in some loose leaf paper and a cool Cub Scout pencil. Then I made up a little diddy about the requirements needed to earn the Bobcat badge and had a flashcard ring craft for the boys to do. I sang a song, had posters, and markers, and and and....it was fun. :) 

After all the games and work it was time to eat. We had a potluck of snacks and treats and at the end, hardly anything was left! I think we all worked up quite the appetite. 


Great job, boys! Thank you, Leaders, for all your hard work! And thank you, parents, for your support and participation! I am so please with how our gathering turned out! 

GO PACK 551!!!

Up next: Marching in the 4th of July parade!

With love,
Mama Hauck
aka Mama Bear

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful job by all....enjoyed reading the blog as usual. Wish I was there to participate if only to take some pics. The 4th of July parade should be lot's of fun. Are you going to do a float?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with you guys! I'm still trying to find Calvin a boy scout troop, I know we have a bunch here but despite my emails, no one has gotten in touch with me and it's starting to bum me out!

    ReplyDelete