.

.

Monday, March 2, 2015

The Bowl Of Love

At approximately 6:40 am on Sunday morning (sigh...yes, Sunday...sleep in day) Mama and Papa were woken up by the sound of clinking spoons and bowls. And giggles. Lots of giggles. Ohhh good, I thought to myself, the kids are getting themselves breakfast. I wish they would have slept in, but at least they're not asking us to get up to get them breakfast yet. 

Before I could roll over and snuggle deep down in the blankets and try to go back to sleep, our door creaked open and a little head appeared. "Papa, Mama, we made you guys breakfast! Come eat!" Said Anthony. "Ok, we're coming." Said Papa. As I threw off the warm covers and climbed out of bed I said, "You know, we better get up and go eat their breakfast now. It's cereal and it's probably already getting soggy!" 

We laughed our way to the kitchen and when our eyes caught sight of our three children, eyes twinkling, mouths grinning, beaming with pride; we both looked at each other and smiled. Breakfast time! 

Yes, there was our breakfast. A bowl full of love. One for each of us! 


Delicious, milk soaked, non-crunchy, very soggy.....love. 


Definitely not my choice of breakfast, I'm more of a yogurt with fruit and granola during the week and pancakes and eggs on the weekend kind of Mama, haha, but it's the thought that counts! 

It might be soggy love, but it's love none the less. The cooperation and kindness that went into our breakfast? Priceless. And their proud faces? Love. Ohhhhh they just melt my heart! 

I am so very thankful for that bowl full of love given to us by our sweet kiddos. I ate it with a huge smile and a full heart. 

With love,
Mama Hauck


2 comments:

  1. I wish I was a fly on that wall...Miss you all! Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet way to get woken up at such an early hour! Such cute and thoughtful kiddos!

    ReplyDelete