.

.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Gratitude Journal, Month 8

8 months....I've been writing in my gratitude journal, every night, for 8 months now. I've actually moved on to a second journal as I've completed the first. It's another beautiful leather bound Sam and I purchased 7 years ago at a craft fair when we lived on Whidbey Island. 


This is why I started my journal.  And My 4 month mark landed a few days before Thanksgiving. How fitting! 

My journal has been so very good for my soul. I really do encourage you to start one yourself. Even if you're not doing it daily, you will benefit. 



I am grateful and thankful for.....


Leftover Thanksgiving apple pie for breakfast. 
Jumping on the hotel bed with Anthony and Timothy. 
Laying in bed till 8am. 
Christmas music playing in the restaurant bathroom and Molly and I singing and giggling.
Getting another photo in the Goldendale calendar. 
Little love sticky notes from Sam. 
Making a nice profit at the Farmers Market Christmas Bazaar. 
"Shake shake shake.....shake it off, shake it off."
Peppermint and lavender bath salt soak. 
Ugly Christmas sweaters. 
Watching "Home Alone" with the kids for the first time. 
The kids' notes to Santa.
Chapstick for chapped lips. 
Timothy's glow worm.
Molly's bravery dealing with needing and getting glasses. 
A barf bucket close by.
Sam always having my towel ready when I get out of the shower. 
Leonard making a shadow box for Anthony's Big Foot foot cast. 
Vanilla Chi Tea. 
Being enlightened and fired up to make some changes. 
Listening to Tim giggle when I tickle him. 
Shopping alone....no kids in tow. 
My headache going away. 
A handy man husband. 
Anthony's good attitude with home work this week. 
Raspberries.
Laughing till I was out of breath. 
Watching Molly get her first award at school. 
Children's self pride.
Having a good vent....sometimes you just have to get it all out. 
Movie night with the family. 
Raspberry tea with raw honey. 
Tim's baby powder mess....priceless. 
Anthony's increase in wpm going from 33 to 77. Hard work pays off. 
65* and sunny, sun on our faces. 
My friends loving my children like they are their own. 
Feta and spinach stuffed shells. 
Allergy pills. 
Seeing Molly dressed up in her mix-matched clothing for Wacky Wednesday at school. 
New couches. 
Lunch out and essential oil class with friends. 
Sam's surprise grateful note in my grateful journal. 
Music and dancing in the living room with Papa and the kids. 
Making Valentine goody bags with Anth and Mols. 
Sunglasses. 
Dinner out with Sam to the Glass Onion for Valentine's Day. 
Hearing Tim say, "Tim is Mama's Baby!" 
The smell of spruce. 
Sam's text photo of all the kid's stuffed animals lined up on his hotel bed. 
Quiet, alone time. 
Pee in the potty, not in undies. 
Molly growing in confidence and Anthony growing in skill with Wrestling. 
Reconnecting. 
Custom orders and repeat happy customers. 
Hearing Tim say, "Sowwy, Mama." 
That swell of pride you get radiating through your body and bursting your heart when your child makes the right decision or is kind....when they don't know you are watching. 


4 more months to go and I'll be at my goal of a year. Awesome. 

With love,
Mama Hauck


3 comments:

  1. Love the style of the journal. I have looked far and wide for a journal that would make me want to write in it! THat one would likely do the trick! Great post and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you! So grateful for you dear daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, simply wonderful. And that journal is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete