.

.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pallet Wood Succulent Planter

A few weeks ago I was at the Goldendale Farmers Market and a fellow vendor walked over to our booth and was checking our some of our signs. She liked one in particular, so I told her I would trade her the sign for a few hens and chickens from her booth. She happily agreed, but the succulents would have to wait until our next market day. No biggie, I was just excited about the fun trade!

Two weeks pass (we do the market the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month) and here she comes strolling over with two large flats of succulents! I was speechless. I told her it definitely felt like she was giving me more than $25 worth of succulents, but then she told me she felt like my sign was worth more than the $25 I had on it.

How awesome is that! Just another reason to love where we live and be thankful for the kind hearted people we know.

After letting a few friends pick out a couple succulents to take home, I still had tons left. Where should I plant them? I thought about planting them in a hollowed out log, and I thought about planting them in stacked up bricks, but ultimately I decided on a pallet wood planter. 

Sooooooo we took a few of our Goldendale Country Bumpkin pallet wood wine racks and just used them as succulent planters. Sam drilled drainage holes in the bottom and I put rocks in the bottom (because succulents need good drainage) and then got busy making my cute succulent arrangements! Sammy then screwed the pallet wood planters to the front of our porch and voila! 

So stoked with how they turned out. 


Love, love, love it!! 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment